And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Thursday, October 29, 2015

No words

It's Thursday. 
It feels like days have passed since my last post.
I guess today was just that long of a day. 
I attended a funeral for one of my husbands co workers today. 
She was a newly promoted sergeant at the police department. 38 years old. 
Single mom. Had a 12 year old son. I didn't know her that well, but 
spoke with her on several occasions at different luncheons, ceremonies, parties, etc. 
She was a beautiful person. Happy. Caring. Selfless. Loving. 
My heart was broken for her. I lost it a few times Sunday when she died. 
I felt so badly for her son, her mom, her dad, her family. 
I went to the funeral not really expecting to break down like I did. 
Seeing all of the policemen lined up and out the door. 
Seeing her family and her son. The video. All of it. My heart was so heavy. 
I prayed and reflected and cried. My poor kids. They had never been to a 
funeral. My son didn't know what to do. He sort of sat there and was wiggly and
played with his tie. My daughter lost it. She wept. She watched the video. 
Her heart broke for poor little Nate. All of it was so overwhelming for her. 
I tried to keep it together for her and comforted her and tried to calm her. 
It was just all so sad. We are traveling to Virginia next week to attend her
funeral at her home town. My daughter doesn't want to go. I don't know what we'll do. 
I have to pray about it and let her decide what she can handle. 
Please keep this family in your prayers. They are dealing with something that
none of us would ever want to deal with.  Her death was so unexpected and so sudden. 

That's all I have to talk about tonight. I had a card to share, but
really don't want to after writing and thinking about today's events. 
I really just want to make coffee, sit with my husband, kiss my kids goodnight
and pray. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are all such a blessing to me. 

Lots of love, 
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter